Friday, October 15, 2010

Recipe Friday!

Wow!  It's Friday already where did the week go??  My conference went well.  It was nice to see so many people I haven't seen in a year (or longer, in some cases).  The guys had a great time on their camping trip.  I was sad not to be able to go and see all our camping friends, but look forward to our trips with you all next year!

Tomorrow (weather permitting) we are going to go apple picking, wander around at the pumpkin farm, and carve pumpkins. So, in honor of the apple picking, today's recipe is for Baked Apples.

Baked Apples
-As many apples as you want, cored (I use something like this to core mine instead of making juice- twist it into one end of the apple, remove, then twist into the other end of the apple- the core always seems to get stuck inside mine, I just push it out with my finger or the back end of a knife/fork/spoon)
-One bowl per apple (I use custard bowls to make mine)
-Brown Sugar
-Butter
-Cinnamon

Score a line around the center of the skin of your cored apple and place into a bowl.  Pack the center with brown sugar (about 1 tablespoon).  Place a pat of butter on top (I cut a slice about 1/4 inch thick).  Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Put in microwave for about 1 minute on high (If you have a really large apple, you will need to increase the amount of your ingredients and may need a longer time in the microwave.)  The apple will be really hot when you take it out, so be careful not to get burned on it.  If you want, you can add some vanilla bean ice cream with it, or eat it as is.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.