Thursday, November 4, 2010

NaNo update and More Halloween Pics

So far, I haven't reached my 2000 word a day goal (well, I have, but more in that in a minute), but I have been around 1800+ for the first 3 days.

Today I worked on my NaNo story, The Ruby Dagger, and made my 1800+ word count, then went back to Quest of the Hart and began reworking that based on some comments from Trisha.  (She pointed out my story really started much further in than where my beginning was-- too much backstory!)  So, here's my question:

If I am working on two works during NaNo, can I count the words from both of them?  I mean, obviously if I cut and pasted stuff I had previously written I wouldn't count them, as they are not new.  But what about the stuff I am creating now?  Any thoughts?  Let me know in the comments.

Now, for some more Halloween pics!



Erik's Mom and Dad
My Mom and Dad












The Motley Crew!


What a couple!

Watch out for the gun...I mean viola!




This gives a new meaning to hair band!

1 comment:

  1. I asked the same question last night of my local nanowrite group - can I count two projects toward my word count goal. They told me no, that only one project counts. I pointed out that a fair amount of them were writing short stories -- thus they would have like 10 works to my one novel. They are are still thinking about that one. LOL!

    November 4, 2010 9:20 AM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.