Friday, November 19, 2010

Recipe Friday!

Seeing next week is Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share a recipe my mom gave me that you can use for your leftover turkey. 

I have been doing the Thanksgiving cooking for a few years now, and other than the one incident the first year I was married (a post for another day), the turkey's been good enough we rarely have any to make leftovers. However, my mom made this last year, and it was delicious!

Thanksgiving Casserole
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut
1 1/4 cups chopped celery
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup butter cubed
6 cups unseasoned bread cubes
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp sage
1 cup chicken broth
4 cups turkey, cubed
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup sour cream (divided)
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350.

Boil potatoes until tender.  In a skillet, saute celery, onion in butter until tender.  In a large bowl, combine stuffing, poultry seasoning, and sage.  Stir in broth and celery mixture.  Place in a greased 9 x 13 pan.  In another bowl, combine turkey, soup, garlic powder, 1/4 cup sour cream.  Spoon over stuffing mixture.  Mash the potatoes.  Beat in cream cheese, pepper, salt, and remaining sour cream.  Spread over turkey mixture and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake for 30-35 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.