Wednesday, December 29, 2010

WCC Wednesday

Wow!  It's hard to believe that it's the final Wednesday of the year.  Last year at this time, I wasn't working on my MS-- it was sitting, waiting for me to decide what to do with it.  I was contemplating self publishing.  Then, in May, I started re-working it (I read through and found lots to fix) and found a critique partner on Writer's Digest.  I thought I had it all nice and polished, and in September I started querying agents.  Then, I took another look at it after one response I received from an agent.  That look, and some comments from Trisha, had me pulling back my MS and re-working it.  Now, I am anxiously awaiting Trisha and Fiona and Katie's comments on my changes.

In the meantime, I decided I should finish my NaNo project before going on the sequel to Sleeping Handsome.  I read through it last night and decided the first chapter has to go, and there are some major character choice issues to deal with (ie: That character would not do what I had them do.  I am surprised they didn't stomp their feet and walk of the stage when I wrote it in the first place!)

I jotted down some notes of things to fix, and will do that then continue on to finish the tale.

As for my partners, Trisha is working on a few things for her agent, and I am excited with what I have read.  She tells such wonderful stories.  Fiona sent me the final chapters of her time slip, and all I can say is Wow!  I really enjoyed what she did.  I made a few suggestions for some character interactions, but she has a great foundation to work with.  Her simple descriptions still amaze me.  And I confess to all of you that I have completely dropped the ball on Katie (Sorry, Katie!)  She has been very gracious about it, and with the holidays coming to an end (and construction in my home finishing up for now) I hope to get back to her work.

How are all of your projects coming?  Are you where you thought you would be at this time last year?  What are your goals for next year?  Share below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.