Monday, January 10, 2011

Hodge Podge

Well, it's official, pending a physical and a drug test (I am certain I can pass both), I have a new job!  I have been doing this job since Thanksgiving week (with the exception of 1 day a week), so it won't be a big change to my schedule as it was then.  I think I have found a way to juggle my working, my family, and my writing--so, if I don't get a post up in the morning, this is why!

My team went out in the first round of the playoffs-- oh well, there's always next year.  I didn't think they were going to make it into the playoffs in the first place.

Last week, I was at Trisha's blog and saw her post on the Comment Challenge.  If you haven't seen it yet, check it out!  (My current count as of Sunday afternoon was 5 comments for Friday and Saturday combined.  I obviously have some catching up to do!)

I did some reading over the weekend on Query Letters, and am doing some research on Middle Grade fiction.  I am hoping to be querying again in the next few weeks.  Expect to see some posts on these topics in the near future!

Hope you all have a Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Mary, congrats on the new job!!! That's a fantastic way to kick off 2011. And, good luck in the querying trenches *shivers* - I think that stage is such a challenge for all of us. Hope you keep updating during it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job. Can't wait to see that query letter. If you ever need a little motivational shove when you get caught in the drudgery of query hell, you know where to find me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job! That's great! I haven't seen Trisha's comment challenge tho... I'll check it out.

    Happy Monday to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I will be sure to keep you posted, and Trisha, you're first on my list to call!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.