Friday, January 28, 2011

Recipe Friday!

Today's recipe is for a southern dish my husband had at the racetrack in Richmond.  When he came home and told me about "Bologna Burgers" I thought he was crazy.  Then I made one and well... we have them occasionally now.

Bologna Burgers
Bologna slices (1 per each person)- sliced about 1/4-1/2 inch thick
Sliced cheese (I use provolone, but any will work)
Onion sliced
Oil/Butter
Hard rolls (we get the from a local bakery, but any will work)

In a skillet, cook up your onion (this is optional).  Heat a skillet or frying pan (I use a flat cast iron griddle) and place your bologna slices on.  Turn after a minute or so.  Cut open roll, lay a slice of cheese on each side.  Place bologna and onions on.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. I probably would have had the same reaction as you but glad you tried it:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.