Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Changing Weather

Yesterday morning it was warm here, I think in the 40's (I could easily have gone to the bus stop without a coat!)  The sun came out, the birds were singing.  And then, the skies turned gray, and rain began to fall and the wind began to blow.

Last night, the wind howled and the sky spit snow.  It really shouldn't have been a surprise to me to see the road covered in snow when I woke up, but it was.  Today it's supposed to be a high in the low 20's with a wind chill making it feel below zero.

Tomorrow, however, is supposed to be a high around 40.  And, we're supposed to get close to 50 by the weekend (before coming back down to normal temps in the mid-upper 30's).

It got me thinking about the weather my characters face.  In Quest, I have my characters experience thunderstorms,and the cold of being high in the mountains.  In Ruby Dagger,  it is the middle of a cold winter.  What about you?  Do you have the weather impact your characters?  How?  Why?

1 comment:

  1. Well my entire last ms revolves around a weather related problem -- so I guess yes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.