Friday, February 11, 2011

Recipe Friday!

Last year we started watching Man vs Food.  I don't recall the episode (or even where Adam was), but there was one where Adam had these super huge, loaded pancakes for breakfast.  After watching that show, I decided to do some experimenting in the kitchen to see what I could come up with, given the supplies on hand.  I found chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and bananas on hand.

So, here's what I'm calling "Loaded Pancakes".

Loaded Pancakes
Pancake mix
Chocolate chips
Butterscotch chips
Bananas, sliced thinly
Anything else you want

Mix up your favorite batter and get your griddle hot, and spray with your cooking spray (or whatever you use to keep things from sticking).

Pour out pancake batter.  While the first side is cooking, place banana slices, chips, and whatever else you want on the top side (nuts would be a good addition!)  Flip.  Cook.  Put on plate.  Smear with butter (or margarine) and top with syrup (we prefer real maple syrup, but the other stuff works, too!)

Give these a try and let me know what you added.  Have a great weekend! And don't forget-- Monday is Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. LOL my oldest son is obsessed with Man vs Food. He talks non stop about the episodes where Adam has to eat ghost peppers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading the ingredients make my tummy hungry. Thanks for the recipe. I watch Man vs. Food too. He is great and I can't believe he can eat all that food sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.