Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Out of Order

The last few days I haven't felt like writing.  It isn't that I don't have an idea to work with, I do.  In fact I gave myself a deadline to get this idea down so it can rest while I get a few other ideas down.

I tried sitting and forcing myself through the scene-- not a good idea.  The writing read forced, because it was.  Yesterday I tried writing scenes out of order. This worked a bit better than I hoped.  I was able to get at least one scene down, in rough form.  Now, I just need to bridge to there.  I think I figured out how, by working out of order.

What do you do when the mood isn't there?  Do you push on, hoping to just get the idea out there?  Do you take a break?  What are your secrets?

2 comments:

  1. I just don't think there's much you can do when your mood isn't cooperating. I honestly don't have an answer for you except maybe to be patient. I know, easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a break. Spend some time doing some other things like reading blogs, researching agents, stalking me. That last part should send you back to writing in a heartbeat. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.